Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ed Technology Days 2 & 3

Day 2

Today we got an overview of some great ways to use productivity software in the classroom.  I was particularly excited to learn more about some of the features of Word.  Not only will the use of headings help students navigate and categorize information, it will also help me in navigating assignments.  I put it to good use already for an assignment in another class.

I know I'm pretty technology savvy, but this class is helping me get a deeper understanding of ed tech in the classroom.  The software we're using will be of great value in the virtual setting in which I work.  This won't just be of use to students, but teachers and parents as well.

Day 3

Today we spent a lot of time in SecondLife, and I was interested in finding out how it is being used in training new teachers.  I found it more interesting that students found virtual environments more engaging than face-to-face.  Allowing them to engage  on their own time and "where they live" gave that exchange more value.

Then we went outside and discussed dissertations and the process involved.  I'm not entirely sure I'm going to go on to the Ed.D at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment